We have offered Active IQ qualifications at our gym in Macclesfield for over 5 years now.
All our qualifications are fully approved, lifelong qualifications that are globally recognized – you can work as a fitness professional indoors and out, anywhere in the world (the qualifications do NOT expire).
The Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing is your entry point into the fitness industry (no prerequisites) and qualifies you to lead group fitness sessions indoors and out, anywhere in the world.
The Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training qualifies you to develop tailor-made programming and work with clients on a 1to1 basis indoors and out, anywhere in the world.
The Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning qualifies you to work with competitive athletes at all levels (amateur to world-class) and will give you the expertise to stand out as a coach.
Here is the price list for our courses:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing: £499
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training: £799
- Combined Cost for Level 2 & 3: £1199
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning: £599 – reduced from £1000
- Combined Cost for Level 2, 3 & 4: £1499 – HUGE Discount!
- Deposit for all courses: £199
Interest-free payment plans are available for all courses – choose an amount that suits you.
All payments are non-refundable.
Over the many years we have spent running these qualifications, we have realized that our students tend to have vastly different work and life commitments. Therefore, we have created our Tailored-Learning approach.
When you enroll in our certifications, we create a tailor-made plan in terms of timeframes and whether you choose to take on a more online or face-to-face approach.
Note: You gain lifelong access to our online modules.
We do NOT run workshops as we have found to truly master the practical elements of the certifications, students need regular practice. Therefore, students gain full access to our academy gym during the duration of the certification.
On top of this, every Mon/Wed/Fri at 18:30-20:00, students can train under me, where they can work on the areas they need to improve on and practice coaching clients.
Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing:
Course Length: Minimum 4-Weeks – most students complete the course within 3-6 months.
The LAP is your Learner Achievement Portfolio. You get a hardcopy with your level 2 manual and also an e-copy which you can edit online – we have video tutorials for each aspect of the coursework.
Worksheet: Professionalism and Customer Care for Fitness Instructors worksheet – LAP Pages 6-11.
Assignment: Personal and Professional Development Plan – LAP Pages 12-16.
Worksheet: Health and Safety in a Fitness Environment – LAP Pages 17-20.
Assignment: Risk Assessment, Maintenance Checks and Handover – LAP Pages 21-23.
Worksheet: Conducting Client Consultations to Support Positive Behaviour Change – LAP Pages 24-27.
Assignment: Health Promotion Poster – LAP Page 28.
- Select your Client: LAP Page 29.
- Conduct a Client Consultation (filmed with client): LAP Pages 30-31.
- Design a Session Plan: LAP Page 33.
- Deliver the Session: Practical Assessment (live in gym or filmed). LAP Page 34.
- Self Evaluation: LAP Pages 36-37.
Group Induction: Practical Assessment (live in gym or filmed) – LAP Pages 39-40.
Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training:
Course Length: Minimum 6-Weeks – most students complete the course within 3-6 months.
The LAP is your Learner Achievement Portfolio. You get a hard copy with your level 3 manual and also an e-copy which you can edit online – we have video tutorials for each aspect of the coursework.
Worksheet: Diploma in Personal Training – LAP Pages 21-28.
Assignment: Infographic and Educational Information Handout – LAP Pages 29-30.
Assignment: Recommending the Use of Technology to Clients – LAP Page 31.
Assignment: Developing a Personal Training Business – LAP Pages 32-36.
- Select your Client: LAP Page 7.
- Food Diary Analysis: LAP Pages 7-9.
- Educational Activity: Page 10.
- Conduct a Client Consultation: Practical Assessment (filmed with client). LAP Pages 11-12.
- Plan a Periodized Program: LAP Pages 15-17.
- Deliver the Session: Practical Assessment (live in gym or filmed). LAP Pages 18-19.
Training Techniques and Methods: Practical Assessment (live in gym or filmed) – LAP Pages 37-39.
Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning:
Course Length: Minimum 12-Weeks – most students complete the course within 3-6 months.
- Design a Strength and Conditioning Proposal – LAP Pages 5-7.
Case Study: LAP Pages 8-14.
- Select a real athlete.
- Perform a needs analysis on the athlete and their chosen sport.
- Plan and carry out an appropriate testing battery with your athlete.
- Set goals with your athlete.
- Develop an annual (periodized) plan.
- Develop two detailed session plans from different stages of your annual plan.
- Work with your athlete for 12-weeks.
- Make appropriate evaluations and modifications.
- Record all relevant data.
- Put together a presentation that details what you have done with your athlete.
- Record yourself delivering the presentation on PowerPoint.
- Answer questions from Coach Curtis on the presentation.
Practical Assessment: LAP Pages 15-19.
During the course, you are required to pass a practical assessment with your athlete or another suitable client.
This assessment is a demonstration of your practical skills and coaching ability and can be booked in on a Saturday or filmed and sent in for marking.
During the assessment, you must demonstrate:
- A Performance-Related Warm-Up.
- A Speed & Agility Drill.
- A Plyometric Drill.
- A High Bar Back Squat.
- An Olympic Lift – Snatch or Clean & Jerk.
Note: A session plan must be sent in for marking 1 week prior to the assessment.
The gym location:
Our academy is ideally situated just a 10-minute walk from Macclesfield train station.
The gym (5S Fitness) sits between the Co-Op and Johnstone’s Paint.
If you are driving, there is plenty of roadside parking on Fence Avenue, running beside the park shown on the map (green area).
The gym is equipped with toilets and changing facilities – please bring appropriate training attire and a water bottle.
131 Hurdsfield Road